Volunteer in Rice County!
Sign up with Us! See current volunteer opportunities below.
St. Vincent de Paul - Faribault
- Answering phones
- Light computer work
- Stock the food shelf
- Distribute food
- Sort clothing
- Light maintenance
- Truck driver
Community Action Center – Faribault and Northfield
- Greeter and floater
- Stocking and inventory
- Warehouse and receiving
- Cleaning and organizing
- Food rescue
- Mobile food access
- ESL Classroom Assistant
- -Basic Reading
- -Administrative Program Support (clerical)
- One - to - one tutoring (May vary depending on student needs)
- ECFE (Early Childhood Family Education)
River Bend Nature Center - Faribault
- Buckthorn removal, Garlic Mustard Pull, Wild Parsnip Pull
Three Rivers Action Center - Faribault
- Meals on Wheels meal delivery Monday-Friday
11 a.m. (takes 30-40 minutes for delivery)
Growing Up Healthy
- Teams of 2-4 to install heat tape on mobile homes this spring.
- 24-hour Safeline volunteer - requires a 40-hour training offered online, on demand.
- Update the database
- Organize donations
- Create and share social media content
Habitat for Humanity - Faribault
Volunteers are needed to build 5 homes in Faribault starting in June. Volunteer tasks:
- site host
No experience needed. (This is a great team activity for one day out of the office)
Center for Family Unity
- Visit supervisors, usually 2.5 hours as needed to supervise parent visits with children. Training and template offered.
- Event volunteers for work events (Golf event, parades, etc.)
Project Friendship - Northfield
- Volunteer driver - Drive mentors once a week to their mentee's school and an hour later bring them back to campus
NEED: Valid drivers license and background check
Ruth’s House of Hope
- Paint front porch at the shelter
- Yard maintenance weather - a 1-time thing or all summer.
- Power washing the siding
- Outdoor games with the kids
Coming Soon ...
Faribault's Beautification Day
April 30, 2022
Pitch in to beautify Faribault! Contact Faribault Parks & Recreation's Paul Peanasky, 507-334-2064.