Ways To Give

There are so many ways to give! While many people prefer credit card giving -- heads up, you can avoid credit card processing fees with snail mail, Venmo and other options. Thanks for considering your options and doing what's best for you! 


Your United Way donation goes where the human needs are greatest in our community. There are multiple ways to give to Rice County Area United Way. Choose the way that works best for you.

Please give generously … and thank you.


Please mail your check to:

Rice County Area United Way
P.O. Box 56
Northfield, MN 55057

Use a credit or debit card to make your donation. Typically, the credit card company will charge you 3% of the donation amount to process the transaction. You will have the option to pay that fee on top of your donation or have the 3% removed from the amount you are donating.


Did you know you can help ensure the strength of Rice County Area United Way for future generations while perhaps receiving a tax benefit or income during your lifetime? Please keep Rice County Area United Way in mind when you meet with your financial planner or attorney.

Gifts may be made for a variety of purposes, including support of our endowment. The endowment was established to eventually support our United Way's annual administrative costs.

If you would like more information about planned giving, or if you have included Rice County Area United Way in your estate plan, please contact Executive Director Elizabeth Child at elizabeth@ricecountyunitedway.org.

NOTE: If you previously named Northfield Area United Way or United Way of Faribault as a beneficiary in your planned giving, please update your documents to reflect our new name, Rice County Area United Way. Thank you.

OUR TAX ID: 41-6025711

Donor Advised Fund


​​​​​​​You can recommend a grant to us at any time from your Donor Advised Fund, but you can also designate Rice County Area United Way to receive all or a portion of the balance of your fund through your fund administrator.

IRA Charitable Rollover 

  • If you are age 70½ or older and have an IRA, you can make tax-free IRA contributions directly to Rice County Area United Way. (IRS news release on QCDs - Nov 16, 2023)
  • Contact your IRA manager and request a distribution directly to RCAUW by December 31, 2024.
  • Request that your gift be identified with your name, address, and intention to use it as a 2024 IRA QCD.

Stock or mutual fund shares 

For broker information, email us at elizabeth@ricecountyunitedway.

Recurring donations from your bank account

You can make a regular donation directly from your bank account. To get set up, email tory@ricecountyunitedway.

Payroll deduction 

  • If your workplace offers a United Way campaign or other charitable giving options, please take advantage of this easy way to give.
  • Workplaces offering payroll deductions
  • If you don't see your workplace listed, talk to your HR Department or send us an email (elizabeth@ricecountyunitedway.org) indicating your interest. We'd love to include your workplace as a United Way Workplace Donor.

Matching gifts 

  • Many companies offer a matching gift benefit that will increase your donation.
  • Check with your HR department for more information.

Corporate gifts

Let us help your company achieve its community goals through strategic corporate partnerships and giving.


Have questions? Please contact Executive Director Elizabeth Child at elizabeth@ricecountyunitedway.org.