Smiling, ethnically diverse schoolchildren in colorful clothes and backpacks are lined up side by side

Support Us Today

Your United Way donation goes where the human needs are greatest in our community. There are several ways to give to Rice County Area United Way. Choose the way that works best for you. Please give generously … and thank you.

To make a donation to support our partner agencies that are directly assisting those impacted by the COVID-19 health emergency, you can select that as a designation option on either of the two online donation forms below. Or simply send us a check with COVID-19 Fund in the memo line. 

Give Online

CLICK HERE to donate online using a debit or credit card or PayPal.

On a mobile device you will get more options using THIS FORM.

You can:

  • Make a one-time gift
  • Set up a recurring monthly, quarterly or annual donation to become a sustaining supporter*

Many donors find that by making affordable monthly donations, they are able to comfortably give more.

* Edit a recurring donation by clicking “Login to edit a recurring donation” at the top right corner of the donation page

Give by Mail

Please complete our donation form and mail it with your check to:

Rice County Area United Way
P.O. Box 56
Northfield, MN 55057

Other Ways to Give

  • Payroll deduction – If your workplace offers a United Way campaign or other charitable giving options, please take advantage of this easy way to give. Check with your HR department for more information.
  • Recurring donations from your checking account – If you'd like to have a regular donation taken directly from your checking account, let us know and we can help set that up.
  • Matching gifts – Many companies offer a matching gift benefit that will increase your donation.
  • Corporate gifts – Let us help your company achieve its philanthropic goals through strategic corporate partnerships and giving.
  • Make a gift of stock or mutual fund shares
  • Donate by IRA charitable rollover – If you are age 70½ or older and have an IRA, you can make tax-free IRA contributions directly to Rice County Area United Way.
  • Donate through your Donor Advised Fund – You can make a grant to us at any time from your Donor Advised Fund, but you can also designate Rice County Area United Way to receive all or a portion of the balance of your fund through your fund administrator.


Have questions or want to make a gift of stock or securities? Please contact Executive Director Penny Hillemann at or 507-664-3510.

Planned Giving

Did you know you can help ensure the strength of Rice County Area United Way for future generations while perhaps receiving a tax benefit or income during your lifetime? Please keep Rice County Area United Way in mind when you meet with your financial planner or attorney. If you would like more information about planned giving, or if you have included Rice County Area United Way in your estate plan, please contact Executive Director Penny Hillemann at or 507-664-3510.

NOTE: If you previously named Northfield Area United Way or United Way of Faribault as a beneficiary in your planned giving, please update your documents to reflect the new name Rice County Area United Way. Thank you.