Day of Caring
September 22, 2023
What is Day of Caring?
Day of Caring is a much-loved United Way volunteering tradition that expresses the philanthropic spirit of our community. Teams of volunteers from organizations within the Rice County community give their time to a variety of service opportunities to help their neighbors and strengthen our community. Grab a shovel and spruce up landscaping; do a fun activity with area children or seniors. The ideas for your project are limitless, so we can pair you with a project you'll love.
- Show you care.
Day of Caring expresses your philanthropic spirit. Everyone gets an up-close look to see how their United Way contributions help our community each and every day.
- Build teamwork.
Your company, school, organization or neighborhood team will feel more connected when they join together to make a difference.
- Know your United Way.
After volunteering, you'll know that Rice County Area United Way is way more than a logo, pledge card or campaign. You'll know what United Way and its partners do.
I want to volunteer. How do I sign-up to volunteer for Day of Caring?
A team representative from your company, school, organization, neighborhood or family fills out the Day of Caring Volunteer form below. Your team may work a half day or a full day. Please note that small teams may be combined with other teams on a project and teams with greater than 5 or 6 people may be given projects at different sites.
I need volunteers for a project. How can I get volunteers for my project?
Non-profit organizations in Rice County are invited to complete the Non-profit Project Request form below by June 1st, 2023.
- 8:00 - 9:00 Welcome, light breakfast, and t-shirt distribution for all day volunteers and half-day block 1 volunteers
- 9:00 - 12:00 Volunteer block 1
- 12:00 - 1:00 Welcome, lunch, t-shirt distribution for half-day block 2 volunteers | All day volunteers stay at their site for lunch delivery
- 1:00 - 4:00 Volunteer block 2
- Non-profit partners - complete the Project Request Form by June 1st, 2023
- Volunteers - have a team representative from your organization complete the Volunteer Request Form by Aug 1st, 2023
Please contact Elizabeth Child, Executive Director of Rice County Area United Way, email@example.com or 507-664-3510 or Tory Borovsky, Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Platinum Sponsor $1000
- Your company is promoted as a platinum sponsor in all news releases
- Company logo on T-Shirts
- Company sponsors Volunteer Breakfast on Day of Caring
- Company name on banners, advertising
- Logo on Rice County Area United Way website – with link to your website
Gold Sponsor $500
- Your company is promoted as a Gold Sponsor in all news releases
- Company name on T-Shirt
- Company name on banners and advertising
- Your sponsorship highlighted at Volunteer Breakfast on Day of Caring
- Name on Rice County Area United Way website – with link to your website
Interested? Contact Elizabeth Child